Bungoma is located in Western Kenya.
Main security challenges:
- Ethnic and political violence
- Lynching / mob justice
- theft of personal properties, housebreaking and robbery
- Sexual abuse, assault and domestic violence
- Since the crime observatory project was started by Usalama forum at the station, services have improved
as all parties-the police, agencies and the community- are able to share their views.
- The crime observatory software has been vital in capturing data thus decreasing the police officers workload which was exhaustive and time consuming.
PARTNERS IN BUNGOMA
Catholic Justice and Peace Commission, police, community policing committee, chiefme.